Network transformation project
Our client, a leading fixed-line telecommunications operator and the leading Internet access provider in its country, has just acquired a mobile operator enabling it to become a convergent fixed, mobile and Internet operator. This further acquisition came some time after the publication of a call for tenders to which Sofrecom had contributed its expertise for the renewal of this operator's Information System.
Extending from this collaboration, our client called upon Sofrecom's teams and expertise to assess the newly acquired mobile operator's information system within a period of 4 weeks.
Our responsibility consisted of understanding the functioning of the mobile IS of the mobile operator by:
- Identifying the main business pain points and translating them into functional requirements
- Identifying the possible differences between the mobile IS requirements and those of the operator already been published in the call for tenders
- Responding to tenderers' questions about the mobile I.S
- Updating the tender documentation for the IS transformation project in order to receive offers for a convergent Information System capable of managing customers and multi-play offers: fixed, mobile and Internet
- Drawing up an evaluation report with the main conclusions
In 4 weeks’ time, guided primarily by the agile methodology, we were able to provide our customer with a complete report of the mobile operator's IT situation which then enabled it not only to supplement its call for tenders with the “mobile” requirements but also achieve savings by reusing parts of the mobile operator's IT.
Thanks to this project, our client was able to receive bids from bidders for a convergent IS in record time and thus finalise its tender as initially planned.