Our client, an operator, called upon Sofrecom to bring its expertise in Mobile Money and help it in the design of a market entry strategy.
This project had 3 main objectives:
- To help our client shape its ambitions in mobile money.
- Detail the mobile money business plan, including product portfolio, product roadmap, target segments, tariff and commission structure, action plans and organisation.
- Support the evaluation of the pre-qualification of banking and distribution partners.
We were able to use our expertise in Strategy and Marketing with 4 steps:
- We conducted interviews in relation to our client, including the Financial Project Team and other relevant departments. Several meetings were also held with potential banking partners and distributors.
- We conducted a literature search on international practices, existing competitors and an analysis of survey/interview results.
- A phase of analysis of opportunities and limitations.
- And finally, developing scenarios and reviews with our client to ensure that the plan can be used and practiced.
Our client has achieved several results through this project:
- Identification of the Mobile Money business strategy for our client operator.
- Recommendations to prepare for this new activity.
- Delivery of detailed information in order to develop a financial model for internal validation.
- The construction of a convincing case for acquiring a licence for mobile financial services from the Central Bank.