the Wholesale department of an international operator wished to develop a jobs and skills strategy for 2023/2025 in order to adapt to the transformations of the sector and anticipate its needs in terms of skills.
Following the emergence, adoption and fast evolution of intelligent technologies and a turnover of skills, the Wholesale department of an international operator wished to develop a jobs and skills strategy for 2023/2025 in order to adapt to the transformations of the sector and anticipate its needs in terms of skills.
To support this evolution and commercial and business priorities, anticipating skills needs is a strategic approach to identify needs by business. It is a matter of gearing up for the future and making the most judicious choices for a better use of skills and optimal development of human capital, thus avoiding gaps between the needs and skills in place.
Our change management experts have intervened to:
- Build a strategy for the acquisition and development of skills related to the operator's strategic businesses,
- Draw up the action plans necessary for its implementation
- Create a cross-functional HR community to address these challenges within the division and strengthen the links between its various entities
For our client, this means anticipating workforce trends and supporting the renewal of teams in the affected businesses.
For this purpose, consultants have conducted an audit of the existing strategy:
- Analysis of our client's strategy, monitoring and benchmarking of the sector, interviews with managers, program directors, HR and technical experts.
- Identification of the evolution factors of the wholesale market and international network professions.
The audit’s result highlighted the critical professions and their primary needs in terms of skills acquisition. They were built around 3 challenges:
- Competences for the trade at the service of the economic development
- Competences required in the face of technological change,
- Anticipation of skills to avoid mismatches between supply and needs induced by the transformation.
Based on these initial elements, our team proposed an approach to co-construct a roadmap for acquiring and developing the skills needed to support the operator's strategic decisions and developments and the impacts of these decisions on the primary professions and skills.
These efforts carried out with the division's operational managers and skills development managers, made it possible to define an implementation plan and prioritize actions.
At the end of our mission, our client has:
- A detailed knowledge of the evolutions of the wholesale sector and their impacts on business and transverse skills,
- An action plan for the acquisition and/or development of skills for the most impacted professions,
- A "skills & talents" group comprising members of the division's various entities.
- A co-construction methodology (employees, managers, HR) to implement action plans for the acquisition and/or development of skills.