Our client has setup an agile organization within its digital department based on the SAFe model. He called on one of our experts in agile methods to take on the role of Product Owner (PO).
The client had several objectives:
- To maximise product value (usage, NPS, revenue...),
- To carry the product vision and to ensure the role of Epic Owner on subjects with a strong impact on the product,
- To regularly share the state of progress to sponsors, business owners, governance and communicate on major successes,
- To implement continuous improvements.
Our Product Owner acted on several levels to :
- frame the projects/Epics with the various stakeholders, based on customer knowledge and customer's challenges (evaluation of business opportunities and proposal for an incremental approach)
- feed and prioritize the product backlog by implementing a customer listening approach based on :
- quantitative indicators (audience, customer satisfaction, NPS, etc.) using several tools: Google Analytics, DataStudio, Content Square, Usabilla, etc…
- qualitative approach: leading design thinking workshops, “digital coffee”, setting up studies with external partners, etc.
- animating the agile team: to facilitate exchanges and the actions of each person, to guarantee good communication on the progress of subjects within the teams, to understand blocking situation and to be able to give meaning to actions.
Thanks to the optimisation of the customer digital journey and the enrichment of the functionalities, our client was able to observe :
- an increase in the number of users of the customer care on the web and the mobile application,
- an increase in customer satisfaction,
- an increase in revenue (options, accessories, insurance...),
- avoidance of calls to customer service.
The PO's commitment to the teams has also led to improve team satisfaction and to get a better mobilization of everyone.