Our client, a telecom operator, wanted to develop its information system to take orders for products and services in the consumer sector in order to:
- Take into account the needs expressed by the customer advisers in terms of improvement of the order taking interface
- Facilitate the management of new offers and services.
We set up two scrum teams to handle the evolutions of its order taking solution and to manage the technical redesign of the APIs with the partner applications.
A committed team capable of delivering “business” value
The two scrum teams, also called feature teams, are each composed of 7 multidisciplinary people: developers, software architects, and qualifiers.
They operate in a self-organized mode and manage projects from start to finish, from the study phase to production delivery.
They are remotely integrated into the client's project platform, made up of 5 other teams, thanks to a videoconferencing solution installed in the team's premises (360° camera + screen) and the use of advanced zoom functions (room, etc.).
Both teams work in Agile Scrum. They rely on a very high-level agile culture and an excellent mastery of software craftsmanship and its various pillars such as clean code and refactoring.
The deployment chain (DevOps) is industrialized and automated and is based on GitlabCI CI/CD.
Finally, the team relies on a strong culture of sharing: Pair and MOB programming are strongly used.
At the end of each iteration, the team is able to demonstrate the business value of what it delivers.
A few examples of completed projects:
- Development of a new API to query an address repository to allow validation of customer address data.
- Implementation of a railroad facilitating the navigation of the adviser between the various stages of an order.
- The integration of a new partner for making appointments with technicians.
- The addition of a new payment method.
Increase of production capacity and agile culture
In addition to increasing its software production capacity, the implementation of these two scrum teams has allowed our client to benefit from a strong expertise in agile development.