The National Transformation Plan of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia which targets to bring the FTTH penetration in the Kingdom Dense areas to 90% by 2020 launched. Part of the Strategic Program of “Saudi Vision 2030”, this ambitious plan is managed by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) and the Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC).
The major stake for Salam (ex ITC) was in the first place to reassure the Saudi Regulator as to its ability to respect the planning despite the ambitious objectives and the challenging deadlines
The challenges were :
- Set-up an agile governance and upskill its team with the required competences for the project
- Finding reliable and suitable partners, experts in the domain with the ability to meet the deadlines
Sofrecom's stakes :
Stakes were :
- supervising and leveraging the deployment costs,
- ensuring the transfer of knowledge to the local teams of Salam (ex ITC),
- and thereby ensuring ITC a successful commercial launch and a quick return on investments.