Our client, an international telecom operator, wants to optimize its national backbone to international standards. The objective is to prepare the re-engineering of its network towards 5G, Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networking (SDN) technologies by optimizing the IP and upgrading the capacity of the connections.
Sofrecom’s mission is to carry out a convergence audit of 3 Core IP backbones in order to propose evolution scenarios based on feasibility and cost criteria:
- a merger of the 3 Core IP Backbones (fixed, mobile and enterprise) into a single Backbone
- an architectural strategy of the target solution
- High Level Design (HLD)
- a migration strategy plan that takes into account the capacity improvements of the links.
Sofrecom has adopted a methodology in 2 phases:
- Short, medium and long-term analysis and recommendations
- Drafting of documents for the future Backbone Core IP: Architectural Strategy; High Level Design (HLD); Low Level Design (LLD); Migration Strategy.
Our independent and agnostic approach has allowed our client to gain an end-to-end view of its 3 core IP backbones to enable it to deliver new and compelling services over a single, coherent network. Our customer also benefits from Orange's know-how thanks to its Orange Labs (Technology Competence Centers).