A mobile application to register births
Our client, an African government, needs Sofrecom to improve their birth registration processes.
The aim was to help village leaders to inform more quickly regional and national registration offices about new births.
To meet this demand, we have implemented a very specific method using our expertise in "Development & Services integration" which consisted in:
- creating a mobile application,
- adapted to the needs of the declaration offices,
- equipping 30 village chiefs with mobile phones, equipping the declaration office to receive information.
This new equipment has enabled the following actions:
- Once received, the declaration can be verified and the birth is recorded both physically in the register and electronically in the database.
- A registration number is then sent to the village chief who communicates it to the parents.
Thanks to the creation of this application, and our advice, our client has been able to achieve the following benefits:
- 100 per cent of births were registered during the period, representing approximately 300 children in two months.
- This new method has been accepted by both village leaders and parents.
Find out more about digital government projects.